Catering orders are prepared meals that are very time-sensitive so they need to be picked up and delivered on time to the customers who are ready to eat them. These orders can be for groups and special occasions so please take extra care of them.
Catering orders can come in many shapes and sizes from small to extra-large. Skipcart drivers need to unpack and layout the catering items where the customer wants them.
**Note that restaurants typically require multiple hot bags to best complete the delivery. Tips, Tricks, and Best Practices
At the restaurant:
- Arrive at the restaurant ahead of the pickup time
- Introduce yourself to the staff and let them know you’re there to pick up an ezCater order for (customer name)
- Bring multiple insulated bags and a small pushcart to help manage the order
- Remember, you need insulated bags to complete a delivery, however, they do not need to be Skipcart branded
- Identify your order by the customer’s name and pick up time
- Verify all items of the order with the restaurant as they hand it to you
Confirm you have all items, paying special attention to commonly missed items such as:
- Side Dressing
- Sodas / Beverages
- Plates, napkins, & utensils (when requested)
- For food quality, separate hot and cold items when packing them for transport
All of the above-mentioned items are sold on Amazon. While we do not endorse any one brand or product, we’ve done a few searches to help you along the way. Each item below is hyperlinked to its Amazon search page. You can also find these items in other local stores and online websites.
Delivering to a place of Business:
Some orders may go to residential communities but a lot of catering orders are scheduled for delivery at businesses.
Make sure to arrive within a 10-minute window of the designated time (if pre-scheduled)
A lot of these orders are pre-scheduled to match up with business meetings. Arriving too early or too late could have a very negative impact on the diner’s experience which could impact their relationship with the driver and their willingness to tip accordingly next time.
Expect to bring the food to the diner, they generally will not come down to get the food from you.
- Check the Delivery Instructions in the App
- Verify that you are at the correct suite number/company
- You may need to check-in with the building’s security, this is a typical requirement of a lot of business locations
- You may also need to check-in with the office manager or receptionist when you first enter the office itself
- If leaving the food with the front desk, confirm that the diner works there and is expecting a delivery
- You may be asked to set up the food
Pro Tip - The standard set up for food is:
Remove all items from bags
Line up items from left to right:
Utensils, plates, and napkins
Dessert & drinks