At Skipcart, we are proud to provide people with flexible work opportunities that allow them to be their own boss, make meaningful money, and explore their community. As someone who delivers using the Skipcart platform, you will regularly interact with merchants and consumers to make great deliveries happen every day.
Because we value our business relationship with you, we want to be clear, upfront, and transparent about the kinds of activities that can lead to your account being deactivated from the Skipcart Platform and how the process of account deactivation works. Below, you can find our deactivation policy and related process. If you have additional questions about Skipcart, please go to Skipcart Support.
ACCEPTING AND CANCELING ORDERS
The acceptance rate is the percentage of times a driver accepts a delivery that is offered to him or her through the app. Before a driver decides whether to accept a delivery opportunity, the Skipcart app provides a number of key facts about the order including the name of the merchant, the destination of the delivery and pay for the order.
As independent contractors, drivers have the right to decline any delivery opportunity offered to them; however, by accepting an order for delivery they are agreeing to complete that delivery. The Completion Rate is the percent of deliveries that a Drivers completes of those that they accepted. Accepting an order and consequently cancelling off of the order will also be tracked and taken into consideration for your accout status.
How it affects you:
While by accepting an order for delivery you are agreeing to complete the delivery, we recognize that unforeseen circumstances may arise when you’re on an order, so you have the right to occasionally not complete deliveries after you accept them, as long as you do so before you pick up the items to be delivered. To continue using the Skipcart platform, however, you must maintain a certain Completion Rate. Failure to do so can result in deactivation of your account.
KEEPING THE PLATFORM SAFE AND SECURE
At Skipcart, the safety of drivers, merchants and consumers that use the Skipcart platform is paramount. We want to make sure you feel safe when performing deliveries, that merchants feel comfortable working with Skipcart drivers, and that consumers never need to be concerned about opening their door to receive their order.
Creating an unsafe environment for anyone on the platform is grounds for immediate deactivation. These behaviors include, but are not limited to:
● Violence or inappropriate behavior, including abusive language - Exhibiting objectively unsafe behavior, including physical or verbal assault of a consumer, merchant, another Driver, or any other person.
● Use of alcohol and drugs - Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
● Discrimination or harassment - Skipcart is committed to providing a platform free from discrimination and harassment and therefore prohibits discrimination and harassment by or directed at drivers, merchants, customers or Skipcart employees because of race, color, sex, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, age, profession or any basis protected by federal, state or local law.
● Unsafe driving, biking, or scooting - Exhibiting objectively unsafe conduct during transportation, including texting and driving, not pulling over before examining or accepting a delivery opportunity, and failing to be conscientious while using navigation apps. Skipcart evaluates drivers involved in accidents for potential deactivation, depending on all relevant facts and circumstances.
● Failure to comply with the law or use of the platform for any criminal activity - Violating any local, state or federal law while using the Skipcart platform, including any applicable criminal or traffic laws. This includes but is not limited to theft of the goods meant to be delivered, damage to or theft of any third party property, failure to properly check customer ID for age-restricted orders, and use of the platform to engage in or assist with any potentially criminal activity.
● Failure to pass a background check - Failing to meet Skipcart’s background check criteria is grounds for being denied access to the Skipcart platform or account deactivation if you have already accessed the platform.
● Disclosing personal information without authorization - Our community values personal privacy. Personal information may be used only for purposes of completing a delivery and may not be posted online or otherwise shared with any third party, except as may be legally required.
ABUSING THE PLATFORM
Much of the Skipcart platform rests on minimum business standards of integrity and fair dealing. We trust Drivers to use the app honestly and with integrity. Accounts of Drivers that abuse our services or engage in fraud, or accounts of Drivers that cause others to do the same, will be deactivated. Examples of abuse and fraud include, but are not limited to:
Manipulating the referrals system or promotions - Gaming or manipulating the consumer referral program, the Drivers referral program, Drivers pay promotions or other similar types of programs.
Providing information that is fraudulent or inaccurate - Misrepresenting information during signup, giving false information to the support team during deliveries, creating multiple accounts for the same individual, using the same phone number as an account already in use, or failing to accurately identify the mode of transportation being used to perform deliveries.
Tampering with deliveries or failing to maintain standards of food safety - Opening, using, consuming, or tampering with a delivery or customer order; failing to use an insulated hot bag to safely transport deliveries.
Disrupting the Skipcart platform. Taking any action, either directly or indirectly, that is intended to or does damage, disable, interrupt, overburden, or impair the functionality of the Skipcart platform or the servers or networks connected to the Skipcart Platform;
Scraping. Using any robot, spider, web crawler, extraction software, automated process and/or device to scrape, copy, index, frame, monitor, conduct any systematic retrieval of data or other content from any portion of Skipcart platform or its content.
Unauthorized Access. Gaining or attempting to gain unauthorized access to the Skipcart platform and/or to any account, resource, computer system, and/or network connected to any Skipcart server. This includes any breach or circumvention of any security or authentication measures Skipcart may use to prevent or restrict access to the Skipcart platform.
Third party rights. Using Skipcart in any way that infringes third party rights, including copyrights, trade secrets, trademarks, or other rights of any third party, including privacy or publicity rights.
VIOLATING THE TERMS OF YOUR CONTRACT
Violation of any of the terms of the Independent Contractor Agreement that you agreed to in order to create an account on the Skipcart platform will serve as a valid basis for deactivation from the platform. This includes but is not limited to:
● Marking a delivery complete when you did not complete it - Completion of a delivery is made by providing the goods directly to the customer. If the customer is not available, you agree that the delivery will be considered complete only if you both (i) make reasonable efforts to contact the customer and wait a reasonable time for the customer to accept the delivery by following the “Can’t find the customer” flow in-app where available, and (ii) either leave the goods at the customer location or return the goods if a return is required for a given delivery (required returns will have been made clear before acceptance of the delivery). Under no circumstances may Drivers take the goods that they agreed to deliver.
● Failing to Make Timely or Safe Deliveries: You agree to retrieve the orders from restaurants or other businesses on time and safely, ensure the order was accurately filled, and complete delivery of the orders to consumers in a safe and timely fashion. Similarly, if you have also agreed to perform an additional Caviar task in connection with an order, you agree to complete that additional task in the same safe, timely and professional manner. Failure to do so could result in deactivation of your account.
You will be provided instructions for how to appeal if your account is deactivated. This review process will apply to deactivations from the Skipcart platform that were based on violations of the Independent Contractor Agreement or Deactivation Policy, such as abuse, fraud, or violating the safety of the platform. This review process will not apply to deactivations that were based on objective metrics such as minimum Customer Rating or Completion Rate thresholds.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article